rekonq on windows

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Thu Jul 19 13:00:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Thursday 19 July 2012 12:54:07 andrea diamantini wrote:
> Hi guys,
> my name is Andrea Diamantini and I'm rekonq main developer. I'd like to
> provide a rekonq package for windows and I'd like to have some hints about.
> I'm actually downloading the 4.8.0 series on my virtual windows 7
> installation and I'd like to understand the best way to go on with the
> "windows packaging".
> Can anyone point me to the steps needed to?
Cool,
1. Try to get it to build / learn using our build tool emerge
 -> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Windows/emerge
 -> Hop into #kde-windows irc channel
 -> try building it and ask questions about your problems
2. Have patience
There will most likely be problems but we are very helpful in IRC and of
course are very happy to accept fixes / patches :)
Don't expect it to be as smooth and easy as using kdesrc-build for example.

3. Decide on Packaging
Basically you have NSIS or MSI, Calligra is MSI, Amarok and Kontact are NSIS.
Theres also a prototype Kontact MSI package.

4. Look at how the other packages were done and adopt.
scripts are in (emerge/portage/package ) and some are in the amarok
repository.

5. Please get everything upstream in emerge. :) So that others can also use
your work.

Good luck,
Andre
--