Emerge install/compile KDE apps

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Feb 21 09:06:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

Am Freitag 17 Februar 2012 02:39:46 schrieb Lanny Gilbertson:
> Hello,
>

>  I am
> wondering if it is possible to install/compile other KDE apps that are not
> in the installer list. I have followed the guide dealing with emerge. Could
> I use emerge to accomplish this? For example I would like to run Ardour on
> my windows machine through KDE. If not emerge, then could another tool/app
> work? I assume not every app would be "stable" running under KDE-Windows.
Yes Emerge is the correct tool to get a new application to build on Windows.

If you have already looked at emerge you will know that emerge contains build
recipes (portage) for the applications. You might want to take an existing
one like the portage file for amarok, copy it into a new directory e.g.
(extragear/armour) rename it to armour.py and change the targets (download
location) and dependencies accordingly. You only need one defaultTarget.

Then emerge armour should try to built it (compile errors might of course
occur if you are the first one to build something for windows)

You should join #kde-windows on freenode irc response to questions is much
quicker in there :)

Have fun
Andre

--