Switch backend fromt DirectShow to Phonon-VLC in Windows

Chris Xu holy.x at live.com
Wed Aug 1 18:05:04 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm working on a video player using Qt 4.7.2 with Phonon on Windows 7 64 bit (with VS 2008). I want to use Phonon-VLC backend instead of DirectShow backend since DS cannot play mp4 without installing extra codec.
I did some search but I cannot find a detailed way to do this.I've downloaded some resources like the  the phonon-vlc source from https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/phonon/phonon-vlc/repository, and Jean-Baptiste Kempf's phonon-vlc package from http://people.videolan.org/~jb/phonon/. I know the directshow dlls are in the directory QTDIR\plugins\phonon_backend now, and I tried to put the following dlls in my program directory or Qt phonon_backend directory, but both failed...\libphonon.dll..\libphononexperimental.dll..\libvlccore.dll..\libvlc.dll..\phonon_backend\phonon_vlc.dll..\plugins\..
Could you please give me some guide on this?Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Chris Xu