pkgconfig under Windows ? Was: review FindBlueZ.cmake

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 20:34:29 UTC 2011

On Sunday 02 October 2011, Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> > Windows
[...]
> >> I currently don't see any advantage of pkg-config, only disadvantages,
> >> so there is no way to use that here.
>
> Yes, I don't care about pkg-config because I think it can be fully
> replaced by cmake scripts. If you call it boycott if somebody decides
> that a tool simply is not what he wants - then so be it.
>
> Implying that KDE on Windows should change its buildsystem simply
> because pkg-config works for you makes no sense.

I'm not implying anything. This thread was created by the question asked by
Alexander Neundorf, if pkg-config under Windows works or not. I say that it
works for me, and I've given examples and answered a few technical questions
about it. I'm not advocating to change your buildsystem.

You say that you don't want pkg-config because it is not pleasant for your
taste. Ok, this is your decission, based on arbitrary reasons, but I accept
it. Lets remember this discussion the next time Gnome ignores "our"
contributions to FDO.

Regards,
Pedro