Installer for KDE on Windows crashes

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:16:35 UTC 2011

Am 06.11.2011 13:35, schrieb Ab Muzzy:
> Windows Vista x32
> No firewalls
> Security center disabled
> File kdewin-installer-gui-latest.exe downloaded on 6 Nov 2011

so it will probably be of version 0.9.9-4

> Size 2.23 MB (2,343,936 bytes)
> On disk 2.23 MB (2,347,008 bytes)
> File version Product version Copiright - Unknown
> Unblocked
>
> Run as Administrator
>

> Msg
> Microsoft Vindows
> kdewin-installer-gui-latest.exe has stopped working
>
> Problem detailes
>
> Problem signature:
>   Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
>   Application Name:    kdewin-installer-gui-latest.exe
>   Application Version:    0.0.0.0
>   Application Timestamp:    4e6fc27a
>   Fault Module Name:    kdewin-installer-gui-latest.exe
>   Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
>   Fault Module Timestamp:    4e6fc27a
>   Exception Code:    c0000005
>   Exception Offset:    005f64cf
>   OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
>   Locale ID:    4105
>   Additional Information 1:    fd00
>   Additional Information 2:    ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>   Additional Information 3:    fd00
>   Additional Information 4:    ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>
> Read our privacy statement:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409
> <http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409>

Thank your for reporting this issue. Unfortunally the provided
information do not really help to find the cause of the error. Please
submit more informations so that we are able to reproduce the problem.

Additional in you may send in the installer log file which is located
below the TEMP path e.g.
C:\Users\<your-your-name>\AppData\Local\Temp\kde\kdewin-installer.log.

Regards