kde plasma on Windows 7

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 22:02:59 CEST 2011

Well, I installed the latest stable, and at least for my initial test with
Plasma-Desktop it seems a step back from 4.4 in that I couldn't get it running
at all. Other things worked just fine, just not the desktop. May be there was a
change to the 4.5 series that broke the parallel operation - I don't have the
time on this machine to test running without Explorer shell as too many of my
daily tools require it - e.g. Visual Studios (likely), TortoiseSVN, Commit
Monitor, and more. Still, hoping it will get there one day, but likely after I
move on from using Windows.

$.02

Ben