move emerge to git

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at
Wed Jun 29 14:32:56 CEST 2011

Am Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011 01:11:25 schrieb Patrick Spendrin:
> Hi everybody,
> the move of emerge to a shiny new git repository is nearly there. For
> testing purposes we have set up a first copy of emerge on
> fetch: git://
> push:  git at
Thanks for your work on that and to the others that were involved

> Please test this version with git (version 1.7.2 or newer) and report
> issues here or on irc.
> After all errors are fixed, we will make emerge within svn readonly for
> 3 weeks, update the git repository and move to git instead.
What happens atm if i commit something to the svn or to git? And where should
i commit until svn is readonly?

I've noticed that the branches:
exist, I am pretty (apart from the refactoring one) sure that those were all
three merged into master and thus can/should be deleted.
> I hope we can finally move to git soon (this week maybe?) and then start
> directly on the 4.7 release.
Nice, i will move our autobuilding system to checkout emerge from the git

> Some notes:
> to checkout emerge you need at least git 1.7.2; older versions will not
> work due to the way eols are handled: on the server, all files contain
> only lf as eol character. On checkout, these are converted (in .bat and
> .cmd files only) to crlf.
Phew, my cygwin installation (which is my preferred git client on windows) has
git 1.7.2 so that should be no problem for the cygwin users.

Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |