Disabling Features because of compile errors

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Jun 14 12:52:27 CEST 2011

Hi,
i've just spent ~ 1hr debugging my build/packaging to find out why search did
not work anymore in my kdepim package.

It was because Christophe disabled the build of strigiclient for Windows on
April the 23. and that made it into the new strigi 0.7.5 release.
Also in kdebase-master of nepomuk is disabled by SaroEngels, which i also only
noticed after some hunting in the build files/logs. ( I'm building 4.6 so it
is not acute but the same problem)

I know the temptation to just disable something I do not need when i build
stuff. But some people may depend on it and rather have the build fail loudly
instead of silently missing a feature.

If you disable a feature for Windows please drop a short notification to the
mailing List. I do not think this will happen all that often and a short
message would be extremly helpful to others who might then even try to fix
the build of that feature.

Regards,
Andre

--