life sign & RFC

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jun 3 11:25:30 CEST 2011

On Friday 03 June 2011, Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> There are two things that are probably most interesting in the coming
> months:
> 1) a KDE 4.6 binary release
> 2) the emerge git transition
>
> The main question is of course in what order these should be done:
> doing the release first, and switching to git later or switching to git
> first and doing the release shortly after it.

Since the emerge transition will have to happen, eventually, I agree, it
should go first. Since KDE 4.7 is less than two months away, according to the
schedule, the thought of skipping KDE 4.6, if necessary, does not look too
catastrophic.

A random thought (which probably just goes to show that I'm have not really
grasped git, yet): If emerge is moved to git, would it become practical to
clone from the KDE release branch(es), and to work on required patches
directly inside that clone?

> Patrick who became father of a qt boy in february...

Congrats! Be sure not to spend too much time on KDE on Windows, then.

Regards
Thomas