git clone hangs when redirecting stdout or stderr

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Jan 14 12:35:47 CET 2011

Hi,

Am Freitag, 14. Januar 2011 12:20:54 schrieb Wolfgang Rohdewald:
> I noticed when I wanted to do a fresh
>
> emerge qt
>
> with my new code.
>
> but it also happens with original emerge.
>
> It also happens on Linux
> I have 1.7.1 on Linux, 1.7.0.2 on Windows.
>
> git clone --quiet git://gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-
> qt.git
Sadly this is a known issue with qt, we've looked into it some time ago but
did not come up with a solution. There is a discussion on the mailing list
about it.

First thing i do when i have a new emerge installation is
emerge git && emerge --fetch qt

So i dont have to worry about it, since this is only the initial clone most of
us don't feel the pain with that but a clean fix is much needed,..

There is another issue with git, git apply can not create files on Windows.
So if you wonder why we patch some sources and then copy files, there is the
explanation for that ;)

Regards
Andre

--