KDE 4.5.4 windows installer package mess

Gert Kello gert.kello at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 10:19:02 CET 2011

Hi.

I downloaded the KDE windows installer (Could You give it some version
number instead of "latest"? I already had another "latest" on my hard
disk...)

Select MIngw4 and package manager as install method.
www.winkde.org as download source
Stable 4.5.4 as realease

Seems like many packages are included three times in select list:

For example, under KDE category, there are
1. "Kdebase-runtime-mingw4" version 4.5.4
2. "Kdebase-runtime-mingw4" version 4.5.4 second time
3. "Kdebase-runtime-vc100" version 4.5.4

(BTW, the package description box at the page bottom does not update
if I move in the package list with cursor keys instead of clicking
with mouse)

Gert