mingw-cross-env with Qt and D-Bus as build platform

Mark Brand mabrand at mabrand.nl
Thu Jan 6 23:32:24 CET 2011

Hi,

Just thought I should mention here on the list that mingw-cross-env [1]
now has very robust support for cross-building Qt and many other
packages. The development version (on Mercurial) now has D-Bus as well.
It seems possible that this could be useful as a build platform for kde4win.

Cross building has a advantage over native mingw / msys in terms of
performance and reliability. Mingw-cross-env in particular is
exceptionally easy to set up, manage, extend and customize.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback from the list.

regards,

Mark

[1] http://mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org/