Kile for Windows

Michel Ludwig michel.ludwig at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:56:31 CET 2011

On Mon 03 Jan 2011 16:44:31 Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> Am 03.01.2011 13:50, schrieb Michel Ludwig:
> > There is just an issue with the documentation as it isn't shown at all,
> > but this might be a problem with Kile's CMake file. I'll investigate
> > further.
>
> Yeah, probably.

Actually, the documentation of other programs also doesn't work (kwrite, for
instance): the 'help' protocol terminates with a timeout. I've checked the
installation routine for documentation in Kile's CMake file and it seems
correct. So, the problem lies probably somewhere else.

> Added those dictionaries now, I forgot to add them, please test again.

Unfortunately, there are now two aspell packages, one in win32libs (version
0.60.6), and another one in aspell (version 0.60.5). The installer seems to
install version 0.60.6 by default, but that one isn't configured to recognize
any dictionaries as it reports that it couldn't find any. I manually extracted
version 0.60.5, and then spell checking worked for French and German (and
probably some more), except for English. But this might have been caused by
this package mix-up.

Michel