Please test

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Sun Jan 2 08:44:14 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Patrick Spendrin <ps_ml at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> please test stable 4.5.4 from winkde.org.
>
> There are some known bugs in the install process:
> - some package descriptions are missing (in kdesupport packages) -
> please fix in emerge svn and I'll fix the file for the installer.
> - compilers can't be selected: only mingw4 and msvc (vc100!!!!) so far,
> but this would have to change. This requires some changes in the
> installer, I think TheOneRing already tried out some fixes, he needs
> some help there.
> - some packages might be missing: I know that shared-desktop-ontologies
> is missing, I need to rebuild that package later.

I've quickly tested installation on a clean Windows XP 32 bit:

- Icons are missing

- MIME type identification is not working. I guess it's due to
shared-desktop-ontologies not being available.

- I can confirm the vc100 runtime is not installed. I don't know why,
the dependency seems to be right in config.txt.cmake

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org