kdesupport/emerge/bin

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Thu Feb 24 13:58:14 CET 2011

On Donnerstag 24 Februar 2011, Andre Heinecke wrote:
> Allow to set additional *args and **kw for systemWithoutShell,
> this brings it more in line with system and allows it to make
> use of additional subprocess.popen options.

André,

could you please have a look at
http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/6514/

this does about the same as your commit but goes a little
bit further.

I that review I am wrong about *args - but I am not sure
if this should be passed - in mostmostmost cases you do
not want to pass bufsize and executable and stdin, so
you normally only specify arguments by keyword - and
omitting *args makes it clearer that all command parts
must be passed in args and not as separate arguments.
So not allowing *args IMHO leads to better usage of
utils.system (self-documenting by keyword arguments)

I currently have 5 reviews waiting for a reviewer and
some more patches waiting here but I do not want to
have too many open reviews.

I have a patch for git clone pending when
using the emerge log file but it is based on review
6514...

--
Wolfgang