Installer location

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Dec 9 22:41:55 UTC 2011

Am 08.12.2011 10:49, schrieb B McLellan:
> When running the KDE for Windows installer I was informed that a new
> installer was available and prompted to download and run it. These
> seems to change the working directory to %programfiles%\Mozilla
> Firefox which is then suggested as the install directory.
> A minor gripe but I can imagine things getting messy if the KDE
> install dropped everything in there.
I wondering from where the installer fetches this directory.  From the
source
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/kdewin-installer/repository/revisions/master/entry/gui/installdirectorypage.cpp#L41
which calls
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/kdewin-installer/repository/revisions/master/entry/shared/settings.cpp#L76

 From this code the only reason I can see would be if

1. the installer is not able to create %PROGRAMFILES%/kde for example
because of access rights problems (running on a non admin account) and
2. the current dir is %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox.

If you downloaded the installer with firefox topic 2. will be imaginable.

Are you able to check if this is the case ?

BTW: to reset the installers setting you may inspect
%APPDATA%\KDE\installer.ini especially the rootdir entry.

Best regards