Release 4.7.0

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Thu Dec 8 09:29:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tuesday 06 December 2011 22:09:40 Torsten Krah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first thx for this release and the kdepim packages.
> Got some question about using smime - kleopatra complains about missing
> gpgme support and gpgsm & co are missing.
This comes from a hack from us to disable this we just tell kleo all this is
not there, otherwise calls to gpgme crashed the client.

> Guess they are not packaged? Are there any workarounds to use kmail/kontact
> with smime support on windows yet? Any forecast about this feature will be
> implemented if missing yet?
As far as i know Patrick Spendrin made some progress in fixing this for
KMymoney at least when using the MSVC compiler. So far i could not reproduce
that success for kmail.

Well it's on top of my "most wanted" feature list but i don't have the time or
the interest to work on this at the moment. Debugging this is a problem
because it shows different behavior depending on the compiler we use, there
is no upstream support for either MSVC or mingw-w32 and debugging a
stack/memory corruption is no fun on windows. I can give you no forecast :(
although it might well be some trivial thing like a different build option we
just don't know.

Regards,
Andre

--