Rwindows.kde.org & Digikam

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Sep 12 11:38:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Saturday 11 September 2010, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Q: What's about to patch Windows registery when you install your zip,
> as it do with KDE windows installer ?

we don't do anything like that. And to my own surprise it just works. As far
as I am aware, KDE-PIM applications need to modify the registry in order to
register as default e-mail client, etc. Perhaps some KDE on Windows expert can
comment, whether there are other circumstances besides this, where changes to
the registry are actually needed.

One thing that is missing in this method is entries in the Application Menu.
This would require running kwinstartmenu.exe. Since kwinstartmenu.exe in KDE
4.4 had a bug that prevented it from adding RKWard to the menu (it refused to
add .bat-commands), I decided not to worry about that for now, and to instruct
users to copy a .lnk-file to their desktop, instead.

Regards
Thomas