Rwindows.kde.org & Digikam

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Sep 10 20:04:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Friday 10 September 2010, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Do you tried CPack way provided by CMake to create a dedicated
> installer under windows ?
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack

the main difficulty in creating a standalone installer for windows was how to
deal with the external dependencies, i.e. in our case installations of kdebase
and R. Most of RKWard needs to be installed into the KDE-directory, and some
more files need to be installed into a subfolder of the R installation. I have
not looked at CPack in too much depth, but I'm not sure it is even possible to
make this work. Currently we use NSIS for the standalone installer. That does
not really make it easy to install to some specific existing locations, but at
least it can be coerced to support this
(http://rkward.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rkward/trunk/rkward/windows_nsis/installer.nsi?view=markup,
if you are interested).

If something similar is possible with CPack, I'd very much interested in
having an example to look at.

Creating a complete installation bundle (i.e. including KDE and R) is trivial
in comparison. Just install locally, and zip it all up (most difficult part is
complying with the GPL, which means you need to offer the sources, too, in some
form or another).

Regards
Thomas