Rwindows.kde.org & Digikam

loerzi at gmx.net loerzi at gmx.net
Fri Sep 10 14:50:29 CEST 2010

Hello Gilles,

1) Thank you very much for such a great software as Digikam !! I really love it.
2) Thanks for your effort to make Digikam available on Windows. I also tried to compile it. It worked once with support of your tutorial, but after some SVN updates it stopped working. I didn't find time to digg into it. Currently I use Digikam 1.4.0 on a OpenSuse 1.3 KDE 4.5.1 running in a virtual machine. This works for me now, but I would prefer it running on Windows 7 64bit.

3) Is there any chance to provide your successfully compiled digikam as a zip file? Or is it to big, because you have to copy the whole KDE folder structure?

Once again many thanks for your effort in this great application. I hope to be able to use it on windows in the near future. Maybe I can run my first face recognition on windows at Christmas :-)

Daniel
-------- Original-Nachricht --------