GCC compiler for Windows...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 13:31:27 CEST 2010

Hi all,

After to manage M$ Visual C++ compiler under Windows7 to compile
digiKam and co, I want to try GCC 4.x

MinGW do not provide a _simple_ way to install GCC 4.x. I remember and
old installer for GCC 3.x... which have be removed from SF.net
download repository...

So, i need to find an alternative.

The good candidate is TDM-GCC : http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/

This project package GCC 4.x for windows using a simple installer.
Great... I know that CodeBlock IDE use TDM-GCC internally.

My questions are :

- Do you have tried to compile KDE4 with TDM-GCC ?
- Which GCC version is used to compile KDE4 ? 4.3 ? 4.4 ? 4.5 ?
- How to manage GCC afetr a post installation on my computer ? There
is some env adjustements to do ?
- Where to install TDM-GCC ? In KDE4 instal path ?

Best

Gilles Caulier