linking failure with digiKam and nmake

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Sep 3 13:16:46 CEST 2010

On 03.09.2010 12:59, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> I set  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release option with CMake. Now there is no
> linking warnings on the console :
>
> [ 45%] Building RC object digikam/digikam/CMakeFiles/digikam.dir/digikam.res
> Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
> Linking CXX executable ..\..\bin\digikam.exe
> qtmain.lib(qtmain_win.obj) : .netmodule ou module MSIL compilÚ avec
> /GL trouvÚá; redÚmarrage de l'Údition de liens avec /LTCGá; ajou
> tez /LTCG Ó la ligne de commande de l'Údition de liens pour amÚliorer
> les performances de l'╔diteur de liens
>    CrÚation de la bibliothÞque ..\..\bin\digikam.lib et de l'objet
> ..\..\bin\digikam.exp
> GÚnÚration de code en cours
> Fin de la gÚnÚration du code
> [ 45%] Built target digikam
> Generating digikamalbums.moc
> [ 45%] Built target kio_digikamalbums_automoc
> [ 45%] Building CXX object
> digikam/kioslave/CMakeFiles/kio_digikamalbums.dir/kio_digikamalbums_automoc.obj
> kio_digikamalbums_automoc.cpp
>
> But the goal is to have a debug version of digiKam. So i need to use
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull here.

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables#Compilers_and_Tools

Debug should do it.You could also try RelWithDebInfo.
Then you don't have to find the reason why it mixes debug and release.

But generally this should be fixed. Have you build ALL libs you link
against also as debug version? If not, then this could be the reason
for the mismatch. Using msvc the only way is "all or nothing".

> I will take a look with this option if linking give a warnings.

I assume you get the same error.

Peter

> Note : digiKam release binary crash imediatly at startup. I don't know
> why, because i don't have debug symbol...
>
> Gilles

But generally