File browse dialog crashes application (Kate Editor)

Tripp Lowe tripplowe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:19:37 CEST 2010

I'm running KDE for Windows 4.4.4 on a Windows 7 x64 machine.  Using
Kate Editor as an example, whenever I use the file browse dialog (file >
open), the application hangs.  I have to kill the process.  I've tried
the MSVC32, 64, and the Ming compilers and this still happens.  It also
happens with Okular (File > Open... application hangs).  Those are the 2
apps I've tested, but will bet it would happen with any.

I've run previous versions on this machine with no problem.  I wouldn't
mind using a previous version now if I could.
Has this been documented?  Is there a fix?  Has this How should I proceed?

Thanks,
-Tripp