Problem compiling Digikam with mingw

Francis Corvin francis_ at gmx.net
Sun Oct 24 01:43:36 CEST 2010

Hello,

Can I get some advice from the list on Digikam compilation, or is
there a better place to ask?

Specifically, I am following Gilles Caulier's instructions, using the
latest stable release (http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/525).

In the early part of step 6, I try to build libkipi.dll (part of
kdegraphics). But linking fails with a number of undefined references
to __si_class_type_info, __vmi_class_type_info and _class_type_info.
The first message looks like this:
"CMakeFiles/kipi.dir/pluginloader.obj:pluginloader.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTIN4KIPI9InterfaceE[typeinfo
for KIPI::Interface]+0x0): undefined reference to `vtable for
__cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info'

The information I could glean through google did not make a lot of
sense to me. Anyone has been there before and can advise?

Thanks in advance,

Francis