Emerge SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 20:24:51 CEST 2010

On 21/10/2010 01:17, Stephen Brown wrote:
> P:\kderoot\emerge>kdeenv.bat
> kdesettings.bat executed
> KDEROOT : P:\kderoot
> KDECOMPILER : mingw4
> KDESVNDIR : P:\kderoot\svn
> PYTHONPATH : P:\Python
> DOWNLOADDIR : P:\kderoot\download
>
> P:\kderoot>emerge -p kdebase-runtime
> emerge.bat executed
> 11:07 AM
> File "P:\kderoot\emerge\bin\emerge.py", line 154
> """
> ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> 11:07 AM

The error is in a python file, so I would look at Python first. Are you
running the correct version? Is there some other version in your path?

Before running kdeenv.bat I set my path to be empty to ensure that I
only get the tools from the emerge environment.

Is there anybody else out there running emerge on Vista? I'm using XP
with no problems, at least not this one.

Andrew