Principles on what KDE for Windows includes?

Elias Aarnio elias.aarnio at innopark.fi
Sat Oct 9 14:58:24 CEST 2010

08.10.2010 22:54, Percy Camilo Triveño Aucahuasi kirjoitti:
> >I have now installed the latest unstable and 4.2.95 but I cannot see
> >Krita included in either of these.
>
> Is true, currently I didn't find the krita package in the last version
> of the installer (in fact there isn't any KOffice's package)
Nice to have someone to confirm that I am not totally messed up ;-)

I think this is one thing the project should think about. In this case I
had the CTO of the school IT department of a city of 170 thousand
habitants to search for it. He is a Linux native so he also knows his
way around.

In this case there was two bits of information that IMHO cannot be held
as self evident:
1) Krita for historical reasons is a part of KOffice. This might be the
reason why Krita cannot be used successfully as a search term in the KDE
4 Windows Installer.
2) The end user does not know which of the KDE packages are stable and
which are not. As Andrius wrote that KOffice packages are not stable so
I searched the unstable releases. (But as Percy now confirmed - this is
not a good search strategy as the wanted package is not there.)

--
Elias Aarnio
email: elias.aarnio at innopark.fi GSM +358 40 8681667