Rant: So you want help?

Andrius da Costa Ribas andriusmao at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 14:10:39 CET 2010

I think Andrew said it all. No word to add to it.

About compilers: GCC is our free option and the easy way to port libraries
currently available only on linux; MSVC is our best chance for platform
integration; Intel is not free, not even as in free beer on windows; Borland
(AFAIK, and according to http://chadaustin.me/cppinterface.html) is not
binary compatible with MSVC.

IMHO, we don't have many dependency issues with GCC or MSVC. There is no
reason to drop one or other.