Rant: So you want help?

Andrius da Costa Ribas andriusmao at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 15:32:22 CET 2010

We CAN'T break up the installer. Some things work only on MSVC (e.g.: WMI
backend for Solid) and some only on MinGW. It's a matter of personal taste,
period.
Releases for different compilers being independent is ok, but... don't we
already do that? At least we did it when we started supporting mingw on the
installer. As long as there is no big gap (2 weeks?) on releases for each
compiler sounds okay. Most of us use only one compiler. And most things that
are fixed for one compiler is also fixed for the other.