Rant: So you want help?

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Nov 5 20:13:49 CET 2010

Am 05.11.2010 20:04, schrieb Ralf Habacker:
>   Am 5.11.2010 16:27, schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
>>
>>> The compiler discussion is old already, and it won't be solved any time
>>> soon. So let's try to focus on the other problems first.
>> Yeah, I know, I'm late to the party. But BTW, if I'm not mistaken this is
>> another example of a discussion that should have been had on the list, instead
>> of behind the scenes.
> strong words  -
> http://dot.kde.org/2007/09/18/windows-developers-meet-berlin was the
> place where this has been discussed - i did not see you there.

That's true but in theory he's correct.

What me and others hinders to participate on kde and especially
kde/windows is the lack of discussion on mailing lists. All is done in
irc which isn't bad and makes things for the particapting people fast
but creates a big problem for people who don't have the time for irc
because of their real life. A perfect example was when kdab decided they
have to do something on kde/windows - suddenly there was a move but
others (especially me) were left behind. The end result is well known.

Imo this isn't a kde specific problem at all and I've no idea how to
bring the different positions in sync...

Christian