jom is a general make replacement now

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Fri Nov 5 17:54:56 CET 2010

Am 05.11.2010 17:33, schrieb Christian Ehrlicher:
> Am 05.11.2010 16:16, schrieb Patrick Spendrin:
>> Am 05.11.2010 16:04, schrieb Andre Heinecke:
>>> Hi,

>>> With msvc2008 (but i dont think it's an msvc specific problem) DESTDIR is
>>> still ignored or not resolved correctly which is the same behavior as it was
>>> with version 1.0.0
>>>
>>> For me with a substituted kderoot as r:\ and a destdir as a subdirectory of r:
>>> \
>>> e.g.:
>>> emerge debug: "jom -j1" DESTDIR=r:
>>> \build\kdesupport\automoc-0.9.88.20101030\image-msvc2008-RelWithDebInfo-svnHEAD
>>> install
>>>
>>> Files are directly installed into r:\ e.g. kderoot, which may hide the problem
>>> for you.
>>> Please check the image dir of a package installed with jom and you will see
>>> that it is empty.
>>
>> Yes, just checked.
>>
>> Can you please try if this is fixed in the mingw target of jom-pkg?
>>
> It does not work with jom/gitHEAD and I've no idea how this should have
> worked earlier :(

Ah, iirc jom was reorganized. I am not sure whether I already updated
the patches yet, for the time being we need to stay with the adapted
mingw32-make :-(.

If we can make it work again over the weekend, I could try to get the
patches upstreams on monday.
my jom-mingw clone on gitorious is really outdated, so I'd recommend
that we start with a fresh one.

@Christian: I know you definitely know more than me about building Qt,
could you try and update the qt-static package?
As we do have multiple Qt tools a static Qt would be needed to provide
us with static binaries for these tools (at the moment: automoc,
kdewin-packager, kdewin-installer and jom).

regards,
Patrick