SOS about kmid

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Tue May 25 14:00:40 CEST 2010

On Tuesday, May 25, 2010, you wrote:
> Actually I have a question about compiling kmid on windows. Due to my slow
> internet connection, I just download packages of KDE for windows, and
> install it to *C:\KDE*
> Then I use cmake-gui to create eclipse project files.
>
> Then import to eclipse.
> I met with a compile error:
[...]
> mingw32-make[2]: *** No rule to make target *
> `C:/kde/kde-mingw4-stable/lib/libkdewin.dll.a',* needed by
> `bin/libkmidbackend.dll'.  Stop.
> mingw32-make[1]: *** [library/CMakeFiles/kmidbackend.dir/all] Error 2
> mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `E:/floss/kmid/build'
> mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I think it's still a path problem, since I'm not familiar with cmake
> either, I have no idea where the path
>  *`C:/kde/kde-mingw4-stable/lib/libkdewin.dll.a' *comes from.

The path "C:/kde/kde-mingw4-stable/" is hardcoded in some .cmake files, at
your C:/KDE/share/apps/cmake/modules

You may want to search for all references to "C:/kde/kde-mingw4-stable" in
that directory. I'd to modify just two files in my installation:

KDELibs4LibraryTargets-release.cmake
KDELibsDependencies.cmake

I'm posting your question also to the kde-windows mailing list. Maybe somebody
knows a better solution, or fixes/documentation about this issue.

Regards,
Pedro