What shell / terminal to use?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Mar 16 18:23:48 CET 2010

On 16.03.10 16:54:12, John Layt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the best shell or terminal to be using under Windows?  I've seen a
> couple of different bash ports out there, and there's always cygwin but that's
> rather heavy.  All I know is using cmd.exe or even PowerShell will send me
> insane very quickly :-)

Unfortunately those two or Console2 (which is just a nicer gui around
cmd.exe) are the only way to develop KDE apps on windows - AFAIK. At least
running cmake from cygwin won't work, you need a real windows command
prompt for that. Not sure about bash-ports, the ones I've seen so far all
used cygwin or msys and neither of the two will get you proper buildsystem
for windows.

Andreas

--
You're a card which will have to be dealt with.