Strigi compile fails

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Jul 26 22:57:40 CEST 2010

Hi,
> Using default 4.4 tagged version I get:
>
> Scanning dependencies of target grepindexer
> [ 58%] Building CXX object
>   src/dummyindexer/CMakeFiles/grepindexer.dir/grepindexreader.cpp.obj
> [ 59%] Building CXX object
>   src/dummyindexer/CMakeFiles/grepindexer.dir/grepindexmanager.cpp.obj
> [ 59%] Building CXX object
>   src/dummyindexer/CMakeFiles/grepindexer.dir/grepindexwriter.cpp.obj
> [ 60%] Building C object
>
> src/dummyindexer/CMakeFiles/grepindexer.dir/__/streams/strigi/regex/regex.c
>.obj In file included from
>   C:\kderoot\svn\tags\kdesupport-for-4.4\strigi\src\streams\strigi\regex\
>   regex.c:68:
<snip>
> Any clues?
This is probably my fault, have you emerged testing/openldap-src or
gnuwin32/regex ?
(try emerge --print-installed to find out)
emerge --unmerge regex
should fix your problem
I've noticed this on thursday but had not had the time to look into it
further, the openldap-src pacakge needs regex, so i took gnuwin32's regex
spencer build and made openldap depend on that. For some reason strigi is
incompatible with that build.
As the only dependencies to openldap and regex are in the enterprise 5 branch
i did not expect it to provoke problems for other people.

If i cannot fix this tomorrow i will move regex from gnuwin32 to testing to
underline the experimental and problematic nature.

> Cheers!
> John.
Apologies
Andre