Emerge: Plotting build dependencies graph, emerge -k/-j

Sascha L. Teichmann sascha.teichmann at intevation.de
Mon Jul 26 10:17:48 CEST 2010

Hi Ralf,

Am 22.07.2010 15:49, schrieb Sascha L. Teichmann:
> Am 22.07.2010 13:30, schrieb Ralf Habacker:
>> [...]
>>> I forgot to mention. This makes the portage loading compatible
>>> with GNU/Linux (my main working system) as well. The
>>> imp.get_suffixes() returns different lists on the different systems.
>>> Checking for the explicit position of '.py' ensures that it works
>>> on both platforms.
>>>
>> Thanks for this explanation - there is still a TODO note in the related
>> code part: Could this be removed ?
>>
>> Just one additional question - I guess I can uncompress the for loop to
>> the following code snippet:
>>
>>         for idx, suff in enumerate(suff_indices):
>>             if suff[0] == ".py":
>> 		suff_idx = idx
>> 		break
>>
> I've simplified the code now. The TODO is now removed, too.
>
>> Ralf

Thank you for merging the first part of our branch. :-)

In the branch I had moved some code from emerge.py to
portage.py to thin the fat emerge.py a bit.
The function getPackagesCategories() (line 469 et seq. in portage.py)
is the same code as emerge.py (line 463 et seq.). You copied the
code into portage.py but you did not remove the code in emerge.py
with the result of code duplication. IMHO that should be changed.

Regards, Sascha