libdbus-1.dll missing

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sun Jul 18 22:02:47 CEST 2010

Sven Hagge schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> after installing the latest stable of KDE on my Windows XP I get the
> message that the "libdbus-1.dll" is missing. Since I found another user
> on KDE forum
> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=89069
> reporting the same problem, I thought it might be worth asking here.
> What I did so far:
> * removed all KDE including registry entries, disabled all security
> software and reinstalled
> * search complete partition, found dll only in GnuPG directory (where it
> is used by Kleopatra)
> What I did not was download KDE from another server.
>
> Hope somebody can help, I want my KMahjongg back :)

the dbus mingw package is missing in kde 4.4.4 release
(http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/releases/stable/4.4.4/

you may download the related dbus mingw4 package from the 4.4.1 release
from
http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/releases/stable/4.4.1/dbus-mingw4-1.2.4-1-bin.tar.bz2
and unpack this into your kde installation root directory by hand

Regards