Problem with BinryPackageBase

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Sat Feb 27 18:56:01 CET 2010

Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> BinaryPackageBase does not work as expected:
>> When the downloaded package has a subdir this subdir is not removed
>> although I've self.targetInstSrc correctly set.
>>

>> Please see the attached example.
>>
> Thanks for this bug report.
>
>> This avoids to use BinaryPackageBase and I've to use the 'old' way to
>> unpack binary packages.
>>

> does the 'old' way unpack the files into package workdir and on install
> step copy the subdir set with set.targetInstSrc into the image dir ?

Yes, that's correct.
> I assume this because utils.unpackFiles() does not support unpacking a
> subdirectory of the zip file and class
> Source.ArchiveSource.ArchiveSource which performs the unpacking does not
> support targetInstSrc yet.

Unpacking into the image dir is ok for pre-packaged libs created by
kdewin-packager but not for 3rd-party ones which don't follow the
'normal' scheme. For this kind of packages install() must move them around.
Maybe BinaryPackageBase() is just not the correct type for such kind of
packages?
I solved it by setting self.buildSystemType to 'custom' - then
ArchiveSource unpacks all into the workdir and the instal step can move
around the stuff. Another idea is to add a new property to tell
ArchiveSource to use the workdir() and not the shortcut.
When that's the way to go I'll maybe can move some more
win32libs-sources to the new buildsystem classes.

Christian