KDE 4.4.0 for windows download breaks at the 80.package

Uwe Premer uwe.premer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 23:58:33 CET 2010

Hallo @all,
I've tried to install KDE 4.4.0 from 2 servers: from gwdg and from the
kde.org-server. At the 80. package the download stops with an error message
that the server is misconfigured.
I can choose then Retry, Ignore or Abort.
With Retry no further action, with Ignore the download goes on, but then
there are errors, when I start some programs that they are broken.

With KDE 4.3.0 I don't get any error messages, it downloads completely and
it also installs completely.

I have done also the following actions for the download of KDE 4.4.0:
I have deactivated the antivirus and the firewall from Norton but it isn't
helpful.

When I downloaded and installed KDE 4.3.0 the Norton programs were still
running.

Uwe