Crashing in kdeinit4.exe

Andrew Manson g.real.ate at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 11:02:54 CET 2010

Hi guys,

I'm getting a crash in kdeinit4.exe that brings up my just in time debugger.
The error message is
"Unhandled exception at 0x7c9131a6 in kdeinit4.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0x00000001."
and the stack trace is:

> ntdll.dll!7c9131a6()
  [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for
ntdll.dll]
  ntdll.dll!7c915f75()
  ntdll.dll!7c9158ff()
  ntdll.dll!7c9155ed()
  ntdll.dll!7c915ce9()
  ntdll.dll!7c916768()
  ntdll.dll!7c9166b8()
  ntdll.dll!7c910385()
  ntdll.dll!7c910041()
  kdeinit4.exe!0040124b()
  kdeinit4.exe!004012b8()
  kernel32.dll!7c817077()

I'm pretty sure this is completely useless to you guys so if you could tell
me how to get some source code and some symbols together i might try and get
a better back trace for you during lunch or something.

I'm using the MinGW4 build and i'm running XP.

also i've had this problem during the 4.4 betas/RCs but It still is there
for the actual release packages.

If you want me to investigate some more just let me know what to do, not
familiar with building KDE on windows.

Regards,
-Andrew