Schedule for SC4.4?

Stuart Jarvis stuart.jarvis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:23:16 CET 2010

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 11:34:02 Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> Rufus Dee schrieb:
> > Hi there!
> > I just wanted to know if there's anything in the pipe for KDESC 4.4 (I
> > read some comments about RC1 in the list's archive). I don't mean to
> > hurry you guys, but I'm gonna need okular for two or three weeks starting
> > in the next couple of days. So I'm wondering if it's useful to install
> > 4.3.4 now. If 4.4 was to be released in the next five days, I'd simply
> > wait until then and install 4.4 once it's out. Best wishes, and keep up
> > the good work!
>
> Hm, I am sorry, packages won't be ready completely before friday (I am
> having a family meeting in between and won't have much time).
> This means 4.4.0 packages will be ready somewhen on the weekend.

Sounds good. We'd like to do a short Dot article for this as it's a major
release - you'll post to this list when the release is out?

Will there be any particular highlights of this release on Windows? New apps,
any luck with Amarok, new Phonon backends, better integration anywhere,
changes in package splitting...

I can mention that you'd like to put together a GSOC application this year too
if you like.

Cheers,
Stu