emerge x64 support

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Apr 14 14:05:59 CEST 2010

Bernhard Reiter schrieb:
> Am Dienstag, 13. April 2010 09:35:52 schrieb Ralf Habacker:
>
>> yesterday emerge has been extended with mingw x64 support. This mean
>> that packages for Windows 64 bit os could be build.
>>

> Did you use
> http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/

yes, see emerge portage script dev-utils/mingw-w64
> or something else?
> If you use mingw-w64, that is a compiler we should also try for 32 bit builds.

what kind of advantage does it have ?  - at least with kdewin Patrick
von Reuth was faced with a include path problem problem, the x86 version
did not have, see http://pastebin.com/HHKeaCaR.
<http://pastebin.com/HHKeaCaR>
I was only able to fix this problem by not using the mingw header
wrappers provided with kdewin.

Regards