emerge x64 support

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Apr 13 11:32:32 CEST 2010

loerzi at gmx.net schrieb:
> Ralf,
>
> first of all thanks for all the good work to have KDE on Windows. I like it so much because I can use digiKam on my windows machine.
>
> Anyway there are some strange behaviours in my installer.
> The language packages are shown together with the applications
This is because the language package has been renamed since kde 4.4.0. A
related fix is already in svn

> and all the applications are shown twice in the least.
> I've selected the 64bit MSVC version.

There should only the language and spelling package available, because
there are not x64 packages available yet - the 32bit variants are known
to work.

> Is there any schedule for an update of the installer
It depends on the time developers have to fix and to make a new release.
Volunteers are welcome.

> and any chance to get digiKam and kipi-plugins in version 1.2.0 ?

This depends also on Volunteers.
> Thanks for some feedback or maybe a link to a page where I can see any kind of release plan.

There are plans for a KDE on windows developer sprint this year, where
those issues could be fixed. Everyone is invited to attend.

Regards