KMid development

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 23:58:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

This message is just to tell you that I've started the development of a
Windows native backend for KMid. There are already working backends for Linux
and Mac OSX at the repository (extragear/multimedia/kmid).

I've installed a mingw4 build environment in the winxp partition of my laptop,
after solving a few minor problems, and now I can successfully compile kmid's
SVN sources (there is a dummy test backend, just to get the UI working). The
question is: do I need to try also the MS VisualC compiler? I would prefer to
avoid it. Maybe is it possible to add KMid to the kdewin automated builds to
get the compiler errors from MSVC?

Regards,
Pedro