Issues with openJPEG ...

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Sep 26 22:20:40 CEST 2009

Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker schrieb:
>
>> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> openjpeg does not work for mingw. I'm also unable to build a source
>>> package for this lib because there's no openjpeg-src anywhere...
>>>

>> In emerge/portage/win32libs-bin/openjpeg/openjpeg-1.3.py I find
>>         self.url = """http://www.openjpeg.org/"""
>>         self.purpose = """openjpeg library can be used in poppler to
>> display OpenJPEG images"""
>>
>> I short look on this website shows
>>
>> http://www.openjpeg.org/index.php?menu=download
>>
>> so how
>> got those packages on kde-widows created??
>>
>> see above :-)
>>

>>> I'm disabling openjpeg for poppler for now to be able to use
>>> poppler-0.12 with mingw.
>>>

>> BTW: I'm just wondering why you did not took a look into the related
>> emerge script.
>>

> I did - but the information I searched are not there.
> They're modified by hand. They were not directly downloaded and it's
> impossible to use the provided mingw import lib (name mangling problem).

You probably are refering to the provided binary package.

Do you have tried to compile it from source using the provided
CMakeList.txt  from
http://code.google.com/p/openjpeg/source/browse/trunk/CMakeLists.txt

I guess with this you can build a complete mingw binary package.

You only have to add a win32libs-source/openjpeg  emerge script (you can
use kdesupport/taglib as example)

Regards
Ralf