A server for nightly builds.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Sep 15 15:24:31 CEST 2009

Am Freitag, 11. September 2009 19:51:45 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> > With Alexander below, now two people have volunteered to run the machine.
>
> Sorry, but you misunderstood.
> I will *support* them with setting up Nightly/Continuous builds, i.e.
> explain how it should work with cmake/ctest, write the cmake/ctest support
> etc. I will not maintain the machine.

Okay, notes. Sorry for the confusion
and a big thank you for offering to help.

Just to give you some background: The reason why I do not have a machine for
my group here is, that we lack the time to set it up and maintain it
currently. We originally planned to do this for cross compile builds and e4
branches of KDEPIM, but never got around doing it. It was harder than
expected.  So why I would like us to help, we need to be realistic about how
much we actually manage to help. We can easily pay the server for a year and
I would like to raise chances that it then actually get used for the cause.

Bernhard