Saving avatars in kopete does not work if your root is d:\

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Sep 5 09:05:32 CEST 2009

Jens Peters schrieb:
> Hello there,
>
> I finally got kopete running onder x64 (yes :)) and it even seems to
> work very nicely. However, pictures of avatars aren't visible and I cant
> set an avatar to my user account. The reason is that kopete failes to
> write down the avatar as png in my user profile. I can see the complete
> folder structure under:
> c:\users\[myuser]\appdata\roaming\.kde\share\apps\kopete\avatars\
>
> but when writing the image to the disk the path looks like:
> D:\c:\users\[myuser]\appdata\roaming\.kde\share\apps\kopete\avatars\User\50ebb0ef48852b1f0fa7f48ff7750ff3.png
> (thanks to Process Monitor)
>
> My base installation path for kde is d:\opt\kde4. I haven't tried it,
> but may be everything is alright if the kde root is somewhere on c:\.

This may be a KUrl/QUrl  path() versus toLocalFile() problem. On many
places in  the KDE code there is path() used to return the local file
path from a file or local url.where toLocalFile() should be used
instead. path() and toLocalFile() return on unix the same path on
windows not

path() \c:\xxxx

toLocalFile()  c:\xxxx

Regards