GCC Version for KDE Compilation in MinGW

Ganesh Paramasivam ganesh at crystalfab.com
Wed Oct 14 12:31:18 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have installed the mingw4 build using kde-win-installer on my
WIndows Vista laptop and I'm trying to compile koffice.
The GCC version I'm using is 4.4.0

I'm following the instructions from here

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/DistributionBasedBuild

However I'm getting compilation errors which complain that there are
inconsistencies between variable declarations between the header files
in the kde/mingw/include and those in gcc's standard include
directories. I think that this is due to the wrong gcc I'm using.

Which is the gcc version I should be using ????

Thanks,
Ganesh