Digikam on Windows not showing albums/images

jeffnik at anecho.mb.ca jeffnik at anecho.mb.ca
Sat Oct 10 00:09:07 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

I have set-up the KDE 4.3.2 environment on a local Windows XP machine
with the intention of running Digikam.  Using the same installer I
downloaded and installed the kipi-plugins and Digikam 1.0.0-beta5.
The software seems to run, I go through the guided set-up, but when
the main interface comes up Digikam does not show any folders or
images in the album.

I check the settings under configuration and have verified that the
collection is pointed to where the images are supposed to be and the
database path is correct as well.  I tried removing the collection and
re-adding it, but Digikam then complains that there is a problem with
the database back-end and it cannot create the file (to be located in
the user's "my pictures" directory).

Everything else seems to be functional, and even running Digikam from
the command line does not render any more clues.

Anybody else have similar problems?