Using msvc solution files

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Nov 12 20:33:08 CET 2009

On Thursday 12 November 2009, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Peter Kümmel wrote:

> >> What breaks ?
> >> I'd really like to know, because I can't remember that I heard of that
> >> before.
> >
> > All tests are broken in the IDE: when starting RUN_TESTS, there is
> > everywhere the not expanded variable $(OutDir), should be 'Debug'; eg.:
> >
> >  8/120 Testing kurltest                      Could not find executable
> > K:/kderoot/build/kde/kdelibs-20080202/ide/kdecore/tests/$(OutDir)/kurltes
> >t.exe.bat
>
> Any ideas here Alex?

So K:/kderoot/build/kde/kdelibs-20080202/ide/kdecore/tests/$(OutDir)/ is the
result of get_target_property( LOCATION )

What does get_target_property( LOCATION_DEBUG ) give ?

Can you please create a tiny example which with the solution files for you
manually, independent from KDE ?

i.e.

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6.2)
enable_testing()
add_executable(foo foo.c)

<insert good code here>

add_test(foo_test <the correct thing to use> )

Alex