building trunk with emerge

Eduard Sukharev kraplax at mail.ru
Tue Nov 10 17:08:22 CET 2009

В сообщении от Вторник 10 ноября 2009 23:53:12 автор Peter Kümmel написал:
> I wanna build kdelibs from trunk, but when I
> use 'emerge kdelibs' a tagged kdelibs is used,
> defined in enterprise5.
>
> How could I build the trunk version with emerge?
>
> Peter

You have two solutions:
1) explicitly say to emerge which tag are you going to build (like 'emerge
kde-4.1/kdelibs' or 'kde/kdelibs' or whatever other target).
2) do an svn up for your /emerge dir. The issue you address has just been
noticed and Patrick Spendrin fixed it - now you'll have to update you
kdesettings.bat so that it contains EMERGE_DEFAULTCATEGORY option. More on the
meaning of that option you can find in the kdesettings-example.bat.

the latter is preferable since it helps you avoid this kind of behavior on the
next rebuilds and updates, and you're much easier to remember which branch are
you at when maintaining multiple builds.
--

Best regards,
Eduard