Amarok

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Tue Nov 10 13:04:02 CET 2009

Hi All,

Following up on an amarok forum post (as "koying"), I'm willing to work
towards making amarok viable on a windows system.

Amarok is compiled (with MinGW gcc 4.4.0) but I hit a phonon backend
problem. VLC doesn't seem the way to go, especially if a DS9 backend is
already existing. However, after compiling from source, the DS9 do not
produce any sound.

I have some Directshow experience, but before digging deep in the matter, do
someone have a pointer on what is wrong?
I read somewhere about a simple phonon test program. Does it actually
exists?

Thanks and regards
- Chris -